Skip to main content

Don’t let them get you, ever!




The mind is such a beautiful part of being human because our thoughts are shaped and processed by our minds. What we believe to be true or a fact, becomes our reality.

Excuse the long explanation and stuff.....let’s apply this theory to a real-life situation. Now, there is Brother A who is the optimistic go-getter, and there is Bother B; he has managed to convince himself that nothing good will ever come to him without a motive behind it.
They go on living their lives, but brother A is the star; everyone loves being around him not because he doesn’t go through stuff himself but because his mindset has been programmed to take on challenges and seek out other ways to make things happen. Being around him is comforting and pleasurable.
On the other hand, brother B blames everyone except himself for the failures he has experienced in life and comes to the conclusion that Brother A must be using some kind of juju because his mind can’t fantom how someone who wasn’t half as qualified as he was could be so lucky.

 
                              
  I used to be in that place except for the part that everyone uses voodoo for success. Lol
I self-sabotaged myself into believing that I didn't deserve certain things and that adversely affected my work and home life. I wondered why things didn’t work out as I expected them to no matter how hard I tried. It was a frustrating and depressing stage of my life. One day, I sat by myself and asked myself hard questions; you know those questions we sometimes tend to run away from or overlook? I realized that I had been throwing a lot of pity parties for myself, I even tried to make it cool by throwing in a DJ and comfort food to set the mood for these ridiculous pity parties ( Sad music and lots of food topped with ice-cream). At the end of the day after my long hours at these parties, I would convince myself or allow other people’s opinion and insecurities rub off negatively on me.





The moment I realized what the root causes were, I decided to take responsibility for my own life. That was when I realized that I had accepted certain low standards for myself. I made sure to cut all those out completely. Because those patterns had become a habit that had taken a front-row seat in my life.




OPERATION CLEANSE 101
To stir me in the right direction

I stared with a list of thing I was grateful for, a list of things that no longer served me, new habits I had to adapt and set goals to where I was headed in life. It was a slow process but it did work. Things started to change. I started looking at life differently

Funny thing is I also had to cut music that was feeding me sadness subconsciously. The mind picks up on really weird stuff. Lol

“Hey, How is your life now”, you may ask? Well, it’s in a better place. I have never felt happier. I don’t run away or cower in fear. I just do it!

So, my message to you would be:
Do the things you love
Follow your passion
Take care of yourself
Do pamper yourself from time to time
Write a plan in the direction you want your life to go
Write clear goals on how will achieve them
Celebrate yourself and your achievements big or small, you deserve it
Practice gratitude and mean it
Say thank you and please
Appreciate the people in your life
Love nature and appreciate them. They are absolutely beautiful and does a lot for your soul
Speak goodness into your life
Don’t accept other people's opinion of you as your reality

You will be fine, I promise you.


Comments

  1. Absolutely interesting and relatable. Sometimes before a job or deal fails I already assume it would go bad and when it does I just get very discouraged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of us had that mindset. We felt we weren't worthy enough. I have come to realise that what belongs to us will always find it's a way without hassle. Doing what you do!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is your body count?

That was the question I was asked today...The evening was going quite well for me until it went from "This has gotta be the best night ever" to "Oh no he didn't!". My facial expression changed in that instant from a smile to outrage: it became glaring that this question was off-limits. I moved around uneasily in my seat; I began thinking about how best to address the situation without coming off as the 'Crazy b***h!'  Peter was a good friend, and oftentimes we would discuss random topics of interest and argue endlessly- they were resolved amicably each time but this one wasn't one of those.  I honestly don't know how we went from discussing random things to, "So, do you mind sharing how many people you have had sexual encounters with?" I was in shock for a few seconds, If I had been drinking at the time I would have choked on it and spat it out in shock! Why was this piece of information important, why would anyone want to know the numb

Let’s talk about grown-up stuff: Let’s talk S.E.X

It was 9: 45 pm and I was getting really bored watching the news, so I figured it was time to go to bed as I had an early start the next day,  I got into bed and decided to browse the internet for a bit. Social media is such an interesting place; I mean, you think you will be there for 10 mins and boom! It’s 2 am! That was exactly what happened to me. I was just about to force myself to sleep, then the phone rang,  it was my friend Bunmi “ Hello, Zee...are you awake?”  she asked  “ Yes, I am” I responded as I rolled my eyeballs; who did she think was speaking to, a robot? “I’m glad you are awake” she continued “ I am depressed”. That got me. I was now worried. It was past 2 am and I figured it must be something urgent. "Are you alright, is everything okay?” I asked hurriedly. “ Yes, well No” she continued “ It's just that I am getting really frustrated in this relationship” she added. She went back and forth about how she loved her man and how wonderful he was but she d

Hello, My Name is Doctor, Chief, Evangelist, Prince, Prophet John Doe

I got a WhatsApp message today......and it was not the usual. The recipient who was somewhat a client thought it was appropriate that everyone in the group chat knew he was not ordinary and so he made sure it sank in! “My name Doctor, Umezulora 1, Evangelist, Apostle......” This was how he would end every message. It may look like a joke to some of you but unfortunately it was something we all had to put up with. I had met this client a few days back and he seemed like an intelligent/warm individual but, what I could not understand was why he had to introduce himself using all his titles. It was funny at first, but I became worried afterwards. I didn’t know whether to laugh, cry or pull my hair out in frustration. I looked around the room to see if anyone rolled their eyes every time he did that but it seemed the rest of the team were fine with it......so I thought. The  meeting ended in high notes, I gave a quick excuse as to why I had to leave early so I didn’t have to hear h