Skip to main content

Why Can't They Just Leave Me Alone


Closeup portrait of young nerdy unhappy, funny guy with black glasses biting his tie, looking scared with craving for something, anxious, worried, isolated on white background. Human face expressions
I am  a very bright young man, everyone says so all the time and my parents? …….they  drum it down my eardrums every single day! ” You know you are a special child”……”.These genes were inherited from your  great grand Father”, “Your Grand Father had special gifts”…”.He could tell you what you were thinking”, “Papa was good at calculating numbers and inventing new machinery to help his colleagues in his field”…… my parents would go on for hours about my Grand Fathers exploits with pride
My name is Emeka, I have a small family unit, my Dad, Mum, two younger Sisters who were completely normal and me!
I was the only male child and mostly remember growing into adulthood and being  told  what to do, where to go, how to behave and who to talk to …sometimes I just felt like  a robot, my response was always a ‘ Yes Mum….Yes Dad , the only way to keep my family happy
I excelled in my school work and would have loved to have done other social activities but my parents won’t let me. After I graduated from high school I was shipped off to Harvard for my Business degree and even while in collage my Mum and Dad made sure I had all I needed and constantly reminded me to  focus on my education, my Mum will always end all our  conversations with ‘Remember whose Son you are, don’t bring shame to the family name”
Years passed and school work  progressed and went pretty well the only thing I had a problem with was my love life….my friends would constantly tease me, calling me a VIRGIN , SLACKER and all
Don’t get me wrong ….the girls loved me but when ever I was given a chance to do anything with them I grew numb! On one occasion,  one of the girls I was coaching became frustrated and blurted out that she didn’t think I was man enough….she felt bad because  I had not moved in on her when she wanted me to.   Few  days after that episode was really difficult to handle, every night  I ask myself the same question over and over
The next few weeks were somewhat adventurous , I partied every night and visited a few brothels  …at least if I was going to learn I might as well learn from the professionals ….a little awkward as it seemed for me  but in the end….. I enjoyed it!
sexy female3
Fast forward to present Day, I met one of the ladies and  completely  fell in love with her, my parents found out and would have nothing to do with her and claimed they would disown me if I married her

sunset

I sincerely believe circumstance  brought her here
Why wont they just let me make my own choices!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is your body count?

That was the question I was asked today...The evening was going quite well for me until it went from "This has gotta be the best night ever" to "Oh no he didn't!". My facial expression changed in that instant from a smile to outrage: it became glaring that this question was off-limits. I moved around uneasily in my seat; I began thinking about how best to address the situation without coming off as the 'Crazy b***h!'  Peter was a good friend, and oftentimes we would discuss random topics of interest and argue endlessly- they were resolved amicably each time but this one wasn't one of those.  I honestly don't know how we went from discussing random things to, "So, do you mind sharing how many people you have had sexual encounters with?" I was in shock for a few seconds, If I had been drinking at the time I would have choked on it and spat it out in shock! Why was this piece of information important, why would anyone want to know the numb

Let’s talk about grown-up stuff: Let’s talk S.E.X

It was 9: 45 pm and I was getting really bored watching the news, so I figured it was time to go to bed as I had an early start the next day,  I got into bed and decided to browse the internet for a bit. Social media is such an interesting place; I mean, you think you will be there for 10 mins and boom! It’s 2 am! That was exactly what happened to me. I was just about to force myself to sleep, then the phone rang,  it was my friend Bunmi “ Hello, Zee...are you awake?”  she asked  “ Yes, I am” I responded as I rolled my eyeballs; who did she think was speaking to, a robot? “I’m glad you are awake” she continued “ I am depressed”. That got me. I was now worried. It was past 2 am and I figured it must be something urgent. "Are you alright, is everything okay?” I asked hurriedly. “ Yes, well No” she continued “ It's just that I am getting really frustrated in this relationship” she added. She went back and forth about how she loved her man and how wonderful he was but she d

Hello, My Name is Doctor, Chief, Evangelist, Prince, Prophet John Doe

I got a WhatsApp message today......and it was not the usual. The recipient who was somewhat a client thought it was appropriate that everyone in the group chat knew he was not ordinary and so he made sure it sank in! “My name Doctor, Umezulora 1, Evangelist, Apostle......” This was how he would end every message. It may look like a joke to some of you but unfortunately it was something we all had to put up with. I had met this client a few days back and he seemed like an intelligent/warm individual but, what I could not understand was why he had to introduce himself using all his titles. It was funny at first, but I became worried afterwards. I didn’t know whether to laugh, cry or pull my hair out in frustration. I looked around the room to see if anyone rolled their eyes every time he did that but it seemed the rest of the team were fine with it......so I thought. The  meeting ended in high notes, I gave a quick excuse as to why I had to leave early so I didn’t have to hear h